Maulana Muhammad Saad Kandhlawi (Arabic: محمد سعد كاندهلوي) is an Indian Islamic scholar. He is one of the most influential personalities in the world in the field of Dawah. Maulana Saad joined as an international shura member in Nizamuddin Markaz.
He completed his aalim course from Madrasa Kasiful Uloom in 1987. He has been teaching Bukhari and Hayat Al-Sahabah in Madrasa Kashif-ul-uloom, Nizamuddin Markaz, New Delhi for a long time.
He was born to a famous Muslim family who were decedents of 1st Caliph of Muslim Abu Bakr. He was born in Nizamuddin Markaz, New Delhi in Hijri – 1385, 10 May 1965. He is the great grand son of Muhammad Ilyas Kandhlawi. This family is renowned with the title of Kandhlvi because of their ancestral home in Kandhla, a city in Shamli District in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, India. He is the son of Maulana Muhammed Haroon and grand son of Muhammad Yusuf Kandhlawi,
Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Hasani Nadwi made him start his bismillah (start his first lesson) in the Riyazul Jannah of Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, situated in the city of Medina in the Hejaz region of Saudi Arabia. He completed his Dars-e-Nizami studies from Madrasa Kashiful Uloom in Hazrat Nizamuddin Markaz, New Delhi in 1987.
After the demise of Inamul Hasan Kandhlawi (third Ameer) in 1995, he was selected as one of the three faisal (decision maker) by the Shura (consultative body of religious leaders).
His translated books are: Hayat Al-Sahabah (“The Prophet’s Companions’ Way of Life”) and Muntakhab Ahadith. These books were recently discovered by him in Yusuf’s book library. At the age of 19 years, he has got khilafat from two pious persons namely Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Hasani Nadwi and Maulana Mufti Iftikharul Hasan Kandhlawi
He got training and guidance from Maulana Izharul Hasan R.A. Anyone can imagine about his teaching and training who would have visited Nizamuddin Markaz at that time.
His teachers of Madrasa includes:
- Maulana Inamul Hasan Sahab R.A.
- Maulana Izharul Hasan Sahab R.A.
- Maulana Ubaidullah Baliyavi R.A.
- Maulana Iliyas Sahab (D.B.) – Barabanki
- Maulana Ibrahim Sahab Devla D.B.
- Maulana Moin Sahab R.A.
- Maulana Ahmed Godhra R.A.
- Maulana Shabbir Sahab R.A., etc.
He married the daughter of Maulana Salman Mazahiri who is the Principal of Mazahir Uloom Saharanpur. He has three sons and two daughters. Two elder sons have completed their Aalimiyat and now performs their responsibility sincerely after spending a year in the path of Allah. The third one is getting education in Madrasa Kashiful Uloom.
- His Maternal grandfather – Maulana Izharul Hasan Kadhlavi: He has spent his whole life in Nizamuddin Markaz. (He is the brother-in-law of Maulana Muhammad Ilyas Kandhlawi and younger brother of Maulana Ehteshamul Hasan Kandhlavi (Maulana Muhammad Yusuf Kandhlawi’s maternal uncle). He has got training and guidance from Maulana Izharul Hasan Sahab as his father died when Muhammad Saad Kandhlawi was just 8 years old.
- His wife – Maternal Granddaughter of Shaykh al-Hadith Muhammad Zakariya Kandhlawi and Daughter of Maulana Salman Mazahiri (Regent and Chancellor of Mazahir Uloom, Saharanpur)
- His Father – Maulana Haroon, the most beloved and only son of Maulana Muhammad Yusuf Kandhlawi
- His mother – Maulana Ehteshamul Hasan Kandhlawi’s niece and the daughter of Maulana Izharul Hasan.
- His Paternal grandfather – His grandfather Maulana Muhammad Yusuf Kandlawi (under whose supervision the Tablighi work spread across the world with the speed of light)
- His Paternal Grandmother – Shaykh al-Hadith Muhammad Zakariya Kandhlawi‘s – perfect daughter, who died in the condition of prostration.